Charges Follow Drug Raids Seventeen people have been charged following a Police operation to break a drug dealing network in Crewe. Two hundred officers took part in simultaneous early morning raids to arrest people at addresses across the town, in Merseyside and in Chester. £10,000 in cash and three vehicles were seized. Heroin and crack cocaine with a street value of £6,000 was recovered. Other Police Officers and Police Community Support Officers followed up with reassurance patrols. Charges include conspiracy to supply heroin and crack cocaine, supplying heroin and crack, and possession with intent to supply.
Landlords Warned Landlords and property managers are being warned they must take positive action against drug dealing and drug abuse on premises which they rent out. Police in Crewe who execute drugs warrants are now sending reminders to landlords that knowingly allowing property to be used for illegal drugs activity is an offence. Inspector Andrew Smith said, “We work closely with the housing associations on this, but private landlords have the same obligations. The immediate response has been very good. Several property owners have started eviction proceedings against tenants who are causing problems with drugs.”
Prison for Arson Attack A young man was sent to prison for two and half years after admitting starting a fire at the home of an eighty years old man in Crewe. Chester Crown Court heard how the man, aged 22, emptied rubbish from a wheelie bin outside the back door, set fire to it and then watched as the pensioner struggled to put the flames out. Judge Nicholas Woodward told the arsonist he was a danger to the public.
Money Laundering Sentence A man from Crewe was sent to prison for three years and four month for money-laundering. The man, aged 36, admitted five charges which involved paying £42,000 which was the proceeds of crime into accounts for himself and receiving and holding a much larger sum for other people.
Doubling Up Police say traffic arrangements went well for two large-scale events in five days at Dorfold Park in Nantwich. Officers helped traffic negotiate planned road closures and diversions as more than thirty thousand people attended the Nantwich Show. A few days later, officers were out again to assist drivers heading for the Nantwich Live TV Talent Show. Sergeant Darren Owen, from Nantwich Neighbourhood Policing Unit said, “People co-operated and there was no serious congestion round either event.”
Child Pornography Man Sentenced A 21 years old man who admitted making and distributing pornographic images of children has been sent to prison for 30 months and put on the Sex Offenders Register for life. The man, who lives in Crewe, was also made the subject of a Sexual Offences Prevention Order which will run for ten years. Detective Constable Liz Rankin said, “The sentence reflects the serious nature of this type of offence and contains safeguards for the future.”
Bigger Catch for Fishing Contest Organizers of the East Cheshire Emergency Services Fishing Contest intend to reel in a thousand entries this year. Last year there were nearly nine hundred applications from boys and girls across the area, reflecting a continuing growth in interest since the contest began in 2006. The competition this year will consist of eighteen heats, beginning on Monday August 9th, followed by a grand final at the Bay Malton Border Fisheries in Balterley, near Crewe on August 20th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment